Song: Lords of Kobol. Artist: Bear McCreary. Album: Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Soundtrack.
This song is really, really cool. It’s a prayer from the reboot of Battlestar Galactica in Sinhalese, here put to a tune that’s strangely chilling. Other than that, it’s hard to get a fix on the song’s tone: is it dramatic? Hopeful? Mournful? It’s hard to tell, and could be interpreted as any of those. In the end, though, it’s just a really good song, and that’s what’s most important here.
The beauty of polish grammar:
- Ala ma kota - Alicia has a cat
- Ala kota ma - Alicia does have (own) a cat (and has not borrowed it)
- Kota ma Ala - The/a cat is owned by Alicia
- Ma Ala kota - Alicia really does have a cat
- Kota Ala ma - It is just the cat that Alicia really has
- Ma kota Ala - The relationship of Alicia to the cat is one of ownership (and not temporary possession)
yeah, we know.
monty python kitteh <3